Even in the ancient period in the area of today's Kotor there was the city called Akruvium. Numerous nations fought for this pearl in the Boka Bay and Venetians remained a couple of centuries and after them Kotor was part of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. The Old town Kotor is part of Montenegrin cultural heritage of national importance, and since 1979, as a part of the Natural and Cultural-Historical Area of Kotor, it is located on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The Old Town covers an area of 164ha and is a real treasure of the cultural and historical heritage. Numerous wars and natural disasters such as earthquakes have affected the city's appearance, but despite everything, it continued to live, beautiful and magnificent as it always was. It is surrounded by ramparts of 4.5km long. The cathedral of St. Tripun, built in 1166 on the remains of the church from 809, is a recognition mark of the Old Town and belongs to the most valuable sacral objects in Montenegro. The city is recognizable by numerous churches, narrow streets, squares and palaces.
The city is 8km away from Tivat Airport and 15km from the ferry Lepetane-Kamenari which leads to Herceg Novi. Beautiful Perast is located at a distance of 12 km, and it is necessary to cross 17 km to see the mosaics from the Roman period in Risan which are from the end of the II and the beginning of the III century. Except in beautiful beaches and good nightlife, we are sure that you will enjoy the sightseeing of the natural and cultural heritage of Kotor and its surroundings.